Pest control is a major task, pest management protects people and property from hazardous insects that can create public health problems and costly property damage. When people hear the words “pest management” or “pest control,” they usually think of the removal of roaches, spiders, or fleas. Pest management, in fact, is more than just ‘removal’, it ensures the safety of our health, our food, and the security of our property. It is critical to have a pest management system in place for the general public’s safety.
It’s a big deal!
The pest management sector is huge, pest control services in some countries can cost more than $6 billion per year. Protecting the public’s health and property against the dangers of all types of pests is a big duty and a responsibility that companies like Dentec Pest Management take very seriously using the utmost of care and attention to detail.
With the aim of helping, you save some time and effort on your search for the importance of pest control and the areas that the services cover, see the short list below;
- Rodents consume over a quarter of the world’s food supply.
- Other harmful pests, such as fleas, ticks, and mites, are spread by rodents.
- Rodents carry diseases that people and other animals can contract.
- Insect bites and stings send 500,000 individuals to the emergency department each year.
- A huge amount of people are allergic to stinging insects.
- The number of people killed by bug stings ranges from 40 to 150. (The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology provided the facts.)
- Human diseases such as malaria, plague, Lyme Disease, and West Nile Virus can be transmitted to people by pests such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
- The cost of repairing property damage caused by termites alone is estimated to be in the billions
- Until recently, bed bugs were uncommon, these days they are a growing force. Professionals in the field of pest control are now collaborating to reduce the number of bed bugs.
- Each year, rats bite around 45,000 humans, causing diseases such as rat bite fever, salmonella, the plague, and trichinosis.
- Food sanitation, food regulation, and health requirements would not be successfully achieved without pest management control techniques.
- Many people (7-8 percent of the general population) are allergic to cockroach allergens according to recent study’s asthma is the third largest cause of asthma in children.
Hire a professional
If you have pests, hire a professional who can make sure your pest issue does not return and to ensure that you are safe during the elimination process.